For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controller is Seneca Banking Consultants Trading as Cooper Stern (“CS,” “we,” “us,” “our”), 4th Floor Stone Cross House, 21-27 Churchgate, Bolton, Lancs, BL1 1HU.
Any queries or concerns relating to CS, this policy or this website can be addressed in writing to our registered office or via email to email@example.com
Seneca Banking Consultants Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner as a Data Controller under registration number Z3239178.
We take the privacy of visitors to this site seriously. We therefore will seek to only use any information provided to:-
- Answer your enquiry
- Improve this website to improve the service offered to you and others.
- Provide you with any information that you have permitted us to send
We do not share the information with any third party unless you have permitted us to do so or in the event that it is necessary to answer your enquiry. If it is necessary to answer your enquiry then we would only share information to the extent required to answer your query and would seek to limit the ability of the third party to contact you directly. If you email a query to us then the email address supplied will be used solely to answer the enquiry and will not be used for any other purpose without your prior permission (e.g. if you subscribe to one of our services using the same email).
Collection of data
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name
- Your organisations name
- Your position
- Your email address
- Your business address
- Your contact telephone number
- Details of your online visit such as but not limited to web server statistics, traffic data, location data and details of the web pages and resources that you access.
The above list is not exhaustive and further information may be collected from time to time. In accordance with the Data Protection Act we will only seek information which is relevant, will keep the information confidential and will never keep the information for longer than is necessary.
Such information may be collected by:
- Your completion of an online form
- Your completion of an online survey
- You contacting us directly via email, phone or post.
- Use of Internet Cookies to collect details of your online visit
Please note that any information collected by the use of Internet Cookies does not identify any individual. It is used for the purpose of monitoring use to the site to allow us to improve the services offered.
For more information please see our Cookie Usage Policy
Protecting your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that the transmission of information via the internet is completely secure. We will seek to protect your personal data however any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have your information we will use our internal procedures and security to seek to prevent unauthorised access and ensure it is kept in the strictest confidence.
We will use information provided to:-
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- Where appropriate provide you with information on products and services that we feel may interest you.
- Carry out the obligations arising from any contracts that we may enter into.
- Make improvements to our website and services to enhance the experience to you and other customers.
If you wish us to not use your data in this way then please contact us to advise.
Your data and third parties
We will only disclose your data to third parties in the following limited circumstances:-
- Where it is necessary for that third party to provide services to Seneca Banking Consultants Limited. For example where we use a Third Party to produce our newsletter that third party may need your contact information. Please note that under our agreements with such parties they are prohibited from using your information for any other purpose. If you suspect that they have then please contact us as a matter of urgency.
- If Seneca Banking Consultants Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party in which case personal data held about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your data to comply with any legal obligations. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If you have consented to the same, in which case we will only pass on your details to trusted third parties.
You are permitted to request that we do not process your personal data for marketing purposes. You will usually be informed prior to the collection of the data if we intend to use the information for such purpose. You can exercise your right to prevent this by checking the relevant boxes on the forms we use. You are also free to contact us to specifically request that we cease from using your information in this way.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our clients and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Nothing in this policy should be construed as seeking to limit or remove your statutory rights. Should you have any concerns in this regard please seek appropriate independent legal advice.
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer when you visit certain pages. There are two main types of cookies. Cookies generated by this site known as first party cookies and cookies generated in conjunction with other sites known as third party cookies.
The main thing to remember is that cookies do not contain personal or sensitive information. All information that is collected is anonymised when analysed.
What cookies does this site have?
In respect of this site, where enabled, our first party cookies allow us to monitor site usage and recognise when you have returned to the site. This is important because it allows us to keep track of unique visitors to the site. It also enables us to ensure that our site is as user friendly as possible, for example if several customers are visiting six pages to visit a page that is linked on the first page then we can take steps to ensure the first page link is prominent.
In respect of third party cookies the main cookies will relate to Google Analytics. These cookies are used by nearly every website and again serve to monitor visitor information such as browser used, visitor numbers and whether a visit is as a result of a marketing initiative.
What if I don’t wish to enable cookies?
If you subsequently decide that you do not wish for this site to collect information then you can disable cookies on your browser settings.
Every browser is different so we would recommend looking up your browser on an appropriate website such as http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
You are free to disable cookies at any point, however please note that by doing so that some parts of the site may stop functioning correctly.